Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY June 8, 2009

Outside my window...

Today, outside my window, it is sunny and breezy and the temp is only 65F. What ever happened to the wonderful hot summer days that I long for?

I am thinking...

I am thinking those days will soon be here and I will be complaining about how hot it is....no, not me!

I am thankful for...

I am thankful for the job that I have. So many are without jobs these days. I know sometimes I gripe about having to go, but I am thankful for it.

From the kitchen...

From the kitchen there has not been much going on. I don't much like to cook in the summertime. I spend a lot of time outside and then I try to find something easy for the meals. Last night we had take home Chinese. Pretty good.

I am wearing...

I am wearing my usual Monday scrubs as I will soon be leaving for work.

I am creating...

I am creating some ideas for our Fourth of July picnic that I will host for the family.

I am going...

I am going to work soon. Do I type that every Monday?

I am reading...

I am reading 'Sea Change' the next in the Jessee Stone series.

I am hoping...


I am hoping today's shift goes off without a hitch.

I am hearing...

I am hearing 'All My Children 'in the background.

Around the house...


Around the house we are going to turn the office into a bedroom for the boy and rearrange my bedroom to accommodate a girl.

One of my favorite things...


One of my favorite things is making my grand kids happy. They deserve it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

I hope this week to get some more flowers from the nursery and plant the baskets and the front flower beds. Might even mulch the garden and the back flower bed.

Here is picture thought I am sharing..

A little bit of humor






1 comment:

  1. 71* now and it's just fine with me. Read for some good sun tea and hot dogs Saturday. Can i shoot fireworks in the backyard ;)

    Afternoon Sis

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!