Friday, June 19, 2009

My Facebook site is in Pirate English

Okay, I have to admit that I also have a Facebook site....The main reason was to play Scrabble with a friend of mine in Canada. As if I don't have enough to do!! But, while reading a blog, somewhere out there on the net, I found out that you could change your language on Facebook to Pirate English. So I had to do it just to see what is was all about. And it is a hoot!
The space that is labeled 'share' on normal Facebook sites is called 'What be troublin' ye' in Pirate English.
And friends are mateys or me hearties! Time is told by how many 'shots of rum ago'.
And instead of an Inbox.....It is 'Bottle o' messages'
A hoot!
I will have to leave it like that for awhile just for the fun of it.

Maybe I will become known as the Pirate Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!