Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Stealing

Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Iain Dale from the blog Iain Dale’s Diary. It appears that Iain actually wrote this meme. So we may have been the first to steal the meme outside of the folks he tagged. In his bio it states, "Iain Dale is one of Britain's leading political commentators, appearing regularly on TV and radio. He writes a fortnightly political column for the Daily Telegraph and a fortnightly diary for the Eastern Daily Press." Enjoy! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all us thieves!


First job: My first job was a waitress at Lum's Resturant here in my hometown. They cooked hot dogs in beer!

First Real Job: My first real job was as a secretary in an Insurance office.....hated it!

First Favorite Politician: My first favorite politician was Ronald Reagan

First Car: My first car was a red Buick Riviera....can't remember the year. I loved that car.

First Record/CD: My first record was by Elvis...don't remember the title.

First Sport Played: I played softball a couple of summers when I was a kid and I only played cause my mom made me....I was not an athlete.

First Concert: The first concert I ever went to was Johnny Cash. Loved him then and love him now......Ring of Fire!

First Foreign Country Visited: The first foreign country I visited was Venezuela. We took an awesome 4-wheel jeep tour along the coast..

First Favorite TV Show: My first favorite TV show was Captain Kangaroo.

First Favorite Actor: My first favorite actor was Elvis. It wasn't until I was an adult and re- watched some of those movies that I learned that Elvis really couldn't act.

First Favorite Actress: I don't really remember ever having a favorite actress.

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: My first boyfriends name was David. He was 6 and I was 5. He would pick me flowers and walk me to school...

First Encounter with a Famous Person: I was at a nursing conference in Las Vegas once and saw Robert Redford at the Hilton.....I acted like any tourist and screamed!!! Embarrassing.

First Brush With Death: I have never had a personal brush with death. However, I was only 8 years old when my dad died.

First House/Condo Owned: The first house I owned was a small three bedroom ranch on 1/2 acre and it is less than a mile from where I now live.

First Film Seen: I cannot remember.

First Favorite Recording Artist: Elvis

First Favorite Radio Station: KFDI...Wichita, Kansas

First Book I Remember Reading: Up, Up Away....a first grade primer

First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: It was on Sunday, October 12, 2008 and It was Sunday Stealing!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, I would have loved to have had the opportunity to see Johnny Cash in person.

    My Sunday meme is now posted, won't you join me? Happy stealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers. Hot dogs in beer sounds like a great combo. Like Hootin' Anni, I also wish I'd seen Johnny Cash in concert. Was Elvis a bad actor or just in really bad movies (I seem to remember him being okay in King Creole)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room were some of my early favorites. Gotta love Mr. Greenjeans!

    Welcome to Sunday Stealing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to see Johnny Cash in concert, lucky you. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez I forgot Captain Kangaroo!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans.(?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. David sounds dreamy. ;)

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one is more fun to watch, even in a bad movie, than the King. And who wouldn't scream and squeal upon seeing the Sundance Kid?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always interesting to read your meme's. I noticed Elvis kept popping up. Wasn't he great ♥ I always like him too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elvis was an atrocious actor but those eyes...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers. How did the hot dogs taste? I would love to go to Venezuela, a 4-wheel Jeep tour sounds amazing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hot dogs cooked in beer...I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!