- Wash your hands often and thoroughly-I have taught my grand kids to sing Happy Birthday while they wash so that I know they are washing long enough.
- My grand kids have been taught to cough into the crook of their arm and not into the air or on their hands.
- When you have finished blowing your nose into a tissue, throw it away immediately and wash your hands.
- It is okay to use alcohol-based hand sanitizers....be sure to rub it all over your hands until it dries.
- Stay away from sick people! This includes family members, loved ones, and strangers.
- Do not share food or drink with anyone...including your family members.
- Try to avoid places with recyclable air....like airplanes and trains.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator. And think of the other benefits to this.
- Take advantage of the warm weather and meet people outside rather than inside.
- And if you are the one that is sick......STAY HOME! Don't send your kids to school sick either.
- Keep your hands away from your face and wash them often. This cannot be said often enough....Wash your hands!
And don't waste your money on face masks........THEY DON'T WORK! Viruses are tiny and will penetrate the mask readily. And not only that they make you look silly!
Don't panic.....but do WASH YOUR HANDS.