Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


If you would like to join in please go visit Peggy here

FOR TODAY..........April 5, 2009

Outside my window...

Outside my window it is dark and cold. The winds here today have
been gusting to 35 mph. And the current temperature is 33F.
Will spring ever arrive in Kansas. This morning when I got up there was blowing snow......grrrrrrrrrrr!

I am thinking...

I am thinking of what I would like to do this week. After working tomorrow I will have a full week off.

I am thankful for...

I am thankful for everyday that my youngest law enforcement son is safe.

From the kitchen...


From the kitchen tomorrow there will be chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. I work in a Mennonite Nursing home and that is what we had today for supper. When we have leftovers they allow us to buy them to bring home. So I brought home leftovers for the husband and grandkids for supper Monday night.

I am wearing...


I am wearing my pajamas. I will be going to bed as soon as I finish this post.

I am creating...


I am just not a real creative person and I am not creating anything at the moment.

I am going...


I am going shopping this week for things for the kids Easter Baskets.

I am reading...

I am still reading Night Passage. These are the books that the Jesse Stone
made for TV movies are based on that Tom Selleck plays in.

I am hoping...


I am hoping that spring arrives really soon.

I am hearing...

I am hearing the furnace running and wondering how much longer will we have to run it.

Around the house...

Around the house I should be able to get a lot done this week what with having the whole week off.

One of my favorite things...

One of my favorite things is to work in the nursing home on the weekend. We have visitors for the residents, the pace is slower, no doctors calls, no appointments, just more laid back.

A few plans for the rest of the week:


I will work on Monday and then I have no real plans.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!