Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Nine


Saturday 9: School Daze

Just click above if you want to join us.

1. Do you have children in school?
Nope....only grandkids!

2. Did you go to public school? If you have children did/do they?
Yes I went to public schools, my kids went to public schools and my
grandkids are going to public schools. Nothing wrong with
public schools!

3. Are you currently in school or taking classes?
No.....I am through going to school. I do have to have 30
hours of continuing education every two years to maintain
my nursing license.

4. What level of education have you completed?
I have an Associates Degree in Nursing.

5. Do you, or did you have loans out for your (or your children's) education?
I did have for myself....all paid.
My son did his own loans for college....all paid!

6. What are your thoughts on the cost of tuition for colleges and universities?
Just like everything else...the cost is ridiculous.

7. Did school prepare you education wise for working in the real world?
Yes because the education I received was to become a nurse and that is what I did.

8. Did school prepare you emotionally for what lay ahead?
No....there is no way to prepare emotionally for anything.

9. If you were to run a high school, what changes would you make?
I would prepare kids more for life. Learn how to cook, to clean,
to balance a checkbook. To manage money...to live in the real world.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your response to #9. Real world applications of educational concepts is critical to later success.

    JHS
    Colloquium

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been yelling about learning to balance a check book since I graduate high school. And it was not taught at my college either...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!