Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday's Walk

On Sunday I was browsing through some blogs and I ran across an entry that someone had made about her sister and swimming and it brought back the memory I have of my sister and I swimming together one time when we were younger. I was 11 and she was 13. The pool we went to was pretty good sized for the small town that we lived in at that time. My sister was enamored with the life guard that was watching over the deep end of the pool that day. I knew that she was doing everything she could to catch his eye. I don't know how old he was, probably around 17. I also knew that she had bought herself a set of "falsies" to put into her swim suit. I, being only 11, wasn't really sure what this was all about but when I noticed one of them bobbing around in the water behind her I fetched it for her.....as any good sister would...and took off swimming after her yelling...."Claudia, you lost this" holding it high in the air so she (and everyone else, including that good looking life guard) could hear me. I didn't really understand why she was so mad at me. We giggle about this every summer when we get together....Don't you love the memories that sisters
have?

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you made me laugh! My sister and I so would have done this. Of course we would not have known why the other was mad. Enjoy that giggle forever. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha!!!! That is so hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny!! Having a little sister myself, I can totally relate to a story like this! However, I was always the one getting embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! That is hilarious! That's precious that you have those memories of you and your sister :) I have a sister that is 6 yrs younger than me. We have some pretty funny memories too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That's hilarious! I bet your sister was ready to kill you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! That is so funny! She must have been totally mortified! LOL I LOVE this story =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my how embarrassing for your sister!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a funny situation! I think we all have stories of embarrasing moments like this. Thanks for sharing it,...it gave me a good laugh. (:>)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny! Oh little sisters can be such pests! ha ha!

    Thanks for sharing - I'm sure you do get a good laugh at this still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! That's absolutely hilarious! It's a good thing those little embarrassments can become such fun memories as time goes by. ^_^

    Thanks for the laugh!
    --Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure I was an embarrassment to my elder brother too! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!