Monday, February 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY February 9, 2009

Outside my window...
The sun is shining brightly in the sky today but the wind
gusts are up to 43 mph. It is 54 F out

I am thinking...
I am thinking about my friend Donna who lived in Canada
I met her almost 4 years ago in a group on MSN.
She has been like a sister to me since then.
We were so much alike.
I got word last night that she died on February 6, 2009
She had a long battle with lung cancer
RIP my friend

I am thankful for...
I am thankful that the kids are continuing to live here.
Every day that we have them here is another day
that we can be sure they are safe!

From the learning rooms...
You know, I do not home school but I think that every home
has learning rooms. Yesterday here we learned why
lying is NOT a good thing!

From the kitchen...
Yesterday my husband made a giant pot of vegetable soup.
He used ox tails to flavor the soup.
Darian was so sure that was the most horrible thing he
had ever heard of but he ate two bowls.

I am wearing...
Alas, it is Monday so I am wearing my scrubs to get ready to
leave soon for work. I am so looking forward to a day off tomorrow.

I am creating...
Nothing!

I am going...
I am going to think about a Valentine project for the kids to do

I am reading...
I am still reading Blind Alley. I just haven't really gotten in to reading
lately. Raising two little ones is hard work!

I am hoping...
I am hoping Donna's family is doing okay.

I am hearing...
I am hearing the wind blowing outside my window.

Around the house...
Oh my I have so much laundry to do. After 4 days of working
it has piled up and that is what I will be doing tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...
One of my favorite things is tulips. And it is that time of the
year to start thinking they will soon be peeking out of the ground.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I work today, I have off on Tuesday and Thursday, I will work on Friday
and I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This is my friend Donna, taken at Christmas 2008 at
her home in Canada.

Please join us in doing The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Paula, for the happy birthday wishes for me from you. It's so appreciated.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting me. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. Raising little ones is quite a job!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!