Monday, January 26, 2009

Okay here is post number 2 on the road to optimisim:

"Look for the source of your pessimism. Deep-rooted negativity can often be traced to childhood experiences, when growing minds observe their circumstances and make presumptions about how the world functions. If all you saw growing up were disappointments, betrayals and failure, it's no surprise that now it's what you expect from the world as an adult. Sometimes we pick up a flair for pessimism from a parent who made negative assumptions about the world somewhere along the line. Either way, the sooner you can attribute your pessimism to a unique set of circumstances rather than the state of the world itself, the easier it'll be to change your perspective."

Oh Wow what an eye-opener.....I did have some negative childhood experiences that might have led me to feeling disappointment and betrayal. So I will be working on this and seeing if I can change my perspective. I wonder how hard it is to become optimistic when I have been feeling
pessimistic for 50 years now!

.

My quote of the day is "Even the longest journey begins with a single step"

1 comment:

  1. I had a ruff childhood at times but I choose only to focus on the positive. The negative would only hurt me. I always try to reach out to someone every day. It has made me a much happier person. I like these posts your doing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!