Monday, January 26, 2009



FOR TODAY January 26, 2009

Outside my window...
it is dark and cold. It snowed very light all day today
and now the ground is covered.

I am thinking...
My Mom would have been 86 years old today.
I miss her still very much.

I am thankful for...
the time that I have had the kids here with me.

From the kitchen...
tonight Darian and Harley helped to cook dinner
We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy,
cornbread dressing, broccoli with cheese,
cranberry sauce. They had a great time and so did
granny

I am wearing...
My blue jeans and a red sweater.

I am creating...
Memories...for when they are gone.

I am going...
to bed soon as morning will come very early

I am reading...
Blind Alley

I am hoping...
that tomorrow when the mother gets out of rehab
she will take my advice and leave the kids here until she
gets a job and a house

I am hearing...
The 10 o'clock news on in the other room

Around the house...
I did some laundry today and little else.

One of my favorite things...
Is the feel of chubby little arms wrapped around my neck
when the kids hug me goodnight

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I work on Wednesday and Friday.
I am hoping things go well here tomorrow.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I love them so much and I pray that all goes well.

Now if you would like to join us in doing a
Simple Woman's Daybook
just go here

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well for the little ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post - it feels like peace in the midst of a storm. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot between those lines... Trusting that everything will work out just as it should. It can't be an easy thing tonight wondering so I'm saying a little prayer even now.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!