Meme for the Season
I stole this from Nurseexec at Driven to Distraction
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like wrapping them...
2. Real tree or Artificial?
For many years we had a real tree...it was a family tradition to load up and lots of us went so there was always a caravan..we travelled to a little town about 60 miles away to a Christmas tree farm got the old saws out and went home with 6-8 trees tied to the top of the truck...we then gathered at someones house for supper...but the year my husband was going in for his 5 vessel bypass heart surgery I said "enough of this crap" and we bought ourselves a prelit artificial tree and it is beautiful and I am not picking needles out of the carpet all year long.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first weekend after Thanksgiving but I worked this one so we will get started this coming weekend
4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Year's (or when the mood hits me)
5. Do you like eggnog?
love it...so do both my sons. And I especially loved it spiked with Bourbon
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmmm.....I don't remember. We were very poor and I can't (or don't want to) remember Christmas time
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Everyone...they all have everything they need and they buy what they want.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My littlest grandchild...he's only one and too young to care yet
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes and I love it!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
LOL...I got an electric skillet one year..better than just a plain frying pan but it still pissed me off!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Don't have one...I am not a big movie person
13. When do you start shopping?
The week before Christmas...I choose a day and hubby and I go out and don't come home till it's all done...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yep a few times
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
Yes ours is prelit...the only way to go!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home.....I am not leaving! But I would like to take a cruise some year at Christmas just so I don't have to deal with the family crap
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
neither....Santa's hat is my topper
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning was always our time when the boys were little..now I don't care
23. Favorite ornament?
A glass Santa that belonged to my hubby when he was a little boy
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
We have the same darn food that I just made for Thanksgiving. Don't know why. It's what they want. But I am not planning on anyone coming this year for Christmas so maybe we will grill a steak outside
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Same thing I ask for every year and never get...all my immediate family in the same room at the same time