Sunday, November 23, 2008







FOR TODAY November 24, 2008



Outside my window... the sky is a brilliant winter blue, the sun is shining through the bare trees and the grass has finally turned an ugly brown....I am already longing for the return of spring



I am thinking...I have lots and lots to do to get ready for Thanksgiving



I am thankful for...my dear husband who is currently running the carpet shampoo machine in the family room...



From the kitchen...the counters are cluttered, the refrigerator is empty except for the thawing giant turkey but my beautiful white cabinets are sparkling clean



I am wearing...my scrubs as I will soon be leaving to work the 2-10 shift



I am creating...a wonderful menu for Thanksgiving day



I am going...to work soon and leave the grocery shopping in the hands of my husband who loves to shop and can follow a list without calling me a million times



I am reading...S is For Silence...wonder if I will ever finish it



I am hoping...I can have a full day tomorrow to clean and get ready because I have to work again the 2-10 shift on Wednesday



I am hearing...the hum of the carpet shampoo machine and All my Children



Around the house...oh so much to do yet



One of my favorite things...is finally sitting down at the table with all of my brothers and sisters for Thanksgiving day



A few plans for the rest of the week: Tuesday I will clean, Wednesday I will work, Thursday I will cook and enjoy my family and blissfully Friday I will relax....then I work the weekend



Here is picture thought I am sharing All of my brothers, my sister and I at a Thanksgiving in 1983....I am on the left in the dark sweater...Oh those were the days



If you would like to join us go here http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. great post! i'm looking forward to seeing my sister too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!