Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen places that I have visited
1. When I was 15 years old, my mother, youngest brother, and I drove to Texas to see my sister. She had gotten married the year before and moved there with her husband. The thing I most remember about this trip was (besides it being my first time out of the state of Kansas) my mom getting stopped by a highway patrolman for speeding.
2. My mom and step-father and I took a sort of vacation/moving trip to Newport News, Virginia in 1970. My ex-husband was stationed in the Navy there and the ship was in port for three months so they packed me up and left me there.
3. Our trip through the Smokey Mountains....I most remember stopping along the side of road to see a mother black bear with three little cubs. What a site!
4. One summer (in fact the last summer we were together) my ex-husband and I drove to California to see his brother and stopped in Las Vegas, Nevada to see my aunt. Now what a site that was for this little naive girl from Kansas.
5. Oh how I fondly remember Kissamee, Florida and sunbathed by the poin February. We left Kansas in a snowstorm ol in Kissamee the next day. Ahhhhhhhhh
6. Cancun, Mexico....those beaches are still calling my name.
7. Chicago, Illinois.....the first time I had ever seen a big city "close up and personal". We put the car in a parking garage and either walked or took the bus to see everything. How I love The Windy City.
8. Australia, From Sydney to The Outback and down the coast to Brisbane....What a fantastic trip that was....kangaroos hopping in fields like we have cattle in Kansas, Ayers Rock, 2000 Olympic...boomerangs..many many fond Memories of Australia.
9. Bangkok, Thailand....stayed here for 3 days in the most awesome hotel I have ever stayed in , lived like the rich and famous in a 3 room suite. Hard to get out to see the city when you have accommodations like that.
10. Singapore...cleanest place I have ever been in my life...did you know it is against the law to chew gun in Singapore?
11. Every other year while my boys were growing up we vacation at San Isabel National Forrest in Colorado...my current husband's family had a cabin there...no running water, no indoor toilet, a wood cook stove...notice I said every other year...I could not vacation like that every year. But the husband and the boys loved it!
12. Venezuela....a four-wheel jeep ride along the coastline. My first experience with swimming with big waves in the ocean...and a tour guide named George who knew no English except to sing along with The Oldies...
13. Panama Canal.....we cruised through on The Royal Princess Ship...what a site this was to see.
These are just a few of the places I have visited...I might have to do another list like this to get in more.....

11 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to visit australia. I bet it was beautiful.
    happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to visit places. I went to the Philippines. it was awesome! It's nice to come home, though, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great list! wahhhh! i never go ANYWHERE!lol

    happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list! I'm jealous... I'd love to go to Australia, Panama Canal, Thailand, Venezuela... well, I want to go everywhere!!

    I have been to Texas (I live here), Virginia, California and Florida from your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the songs on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! You've gotten to see a lot of cool places. I've always wanted to go to singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit Australia too... someday...

    Here's my TT # 52. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Chicago is the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD! I love it here. I've also been around Texas and Florida and, while I'm not a little naive girl from Kansas, I found Vegas took a lot of getting used to! (Thanks for visiting my TT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been some really cool places. I'd love to see the Panama Canal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been to a lot of places I would love to see. Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy you your visit to Australia! I live just 90 minutes from Kissimmee and Orlando so i take them for granted. I loved Bangkok and Singapore. I could happily move to either of those places.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!